is it safe to remove these programs?

Jwbjnwolf 17:30 12 Nov 2010

I have an acer aspire one netbook with xp home sp3 and i am trying to remove as much programs as possibe, can i safely remove this preinstalled program or might my pc be depending on it? it is citrix ica cliant
also what is the windows media format 11 runtime?

Sea Urchin 17:39 12 Nov 2010

I guess it depends whether you want to use the programs or not - check here what they do

click here

click here

bremner 17:43 12 Nov 2010

Leave the Windows Media format 11 runtime alone. It lets you play wmv files.

I do not know what has led to the Citrix client being installed but it is likely to have been as a consequence of loading something else and will be required

northumbria61 19:11 12 Nov 2010

In simple terms I can tell you that "Citrix ICA Client" is often used by students as a means of connecting to a University for various things.

woodchip 20:28 12 Nov 2010

Read click here
No need to remove it you can stop it running or starting either using MSCONFIG or System Services

Jwbjnwolf 09:11 13 Nov 2010

Just realised which program it was, would of kept it if it was able to use wireless connection but it couldnt,
thanks for saying what Windows Media format 11 runtime was, just wasnt to sure if it was something i added for media player 11 or what.
dont worry, have not touched it at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?