Is it really safe to disable S&Destroy Teatimer?

SB23 21:06 06 Nov 2007

The reason that I ask is the fact that absolutely anything that I do, results in a registry change warning, and its getting on my nerves.

I read a few other posts, and have been to their forum, but is it really safe to disable this feature?

Thanks

Steve

Taff™ 21:19 06 Nov 2007

Yes, but you will have to run Spybot manually.

SB23 21:29 06 Nov 2007

You have to run it manually anyway don't you?

Th teatimer is a realtime protection for changes to the system, isn't it. If that is the case, other than having to run a scan myself, can I do without it?

Taff™ 21:45 06 Nov 2007

Teatimer is basically an alert system to changes to the registry. You accept or reject them. You are right anyway - you have to run the scan.

INHO Turn teatimer off because it`s a pain - bit like Vista, always asking you to confirm, confirm confirm. (Sorry, bit of a rant, "I am trying to load this program - how many times do I have to tell you! - Continue, Continue, I don`t care it isn`t certified by Microsoft, OK, OK!!!!")

Give me back XP please ...

SB23 21:49 06 Nov 2007

You obviously have problems of your own, lol, but your right, I'll turn off teatimer and just continue to scan weekly, as I do now.

Btw, thats why I'm sticking with XP.

Thanks

Steve

p;3 21:55 06 Nov 2007

if it is causing more distration than help, in my view it is safe to disable the tea timer; one assumes you have other adequate protection on the computer?

my own spybot is NOT tea timer enabled

SB23 21:58 06 Nov 2007

Yes I do have other programs on my system, which is the reason that I was asking if I can do without teatimer.
As you have said, in my case its a distraction that I can do without.

Stuartli 23:52 06 Nov 2007

I've never used TeaTimer.

Acx 01:04 07 Nov 2007

It is your computer and as if as you say 'it is getting on your nerves' get rid of it, there are lots of alternatives out there. I uninsalled BBC iPlayer for the same reason.

sunny staines 08:01 07 Nov 2007

i too avoid teatimer

rawprawn 09:57 07 Nov 2007

You can turn User Control off in the Contol Panel > User accounts, and it will stop asking your permission, but you will lose some IE Protection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?