Is it Program or Windows or printer

jack 20:33 27 Apr 2008

That puts up the printer control panel?
A recent string was discussing the inability to select individual pages to print click here
With a flurry of hosted images, there appeared to be more than one version of the printer panel for the same printer make.
How come, it was asked.
Is it the Printer the Program or Windows that puts up the different items?.
Then I found that not only the printer panel , I can get 2 sorts of connexion panel- the old style Win98 and the newer NT/XP style.
Is this then a little bit of untidiness in Windows I ponder
[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL]

Stuartli 20:35 27 Apr 2008

I can't open your first link, but the second is an Internet connection panel...:-)

Ctrl+P will bring up a printing control panel.

jack 20:42 27 Apr 2008

My image is a screen shot of TWO Internet panels side by side at the same time.
They can come up together

If you refer the the original post you will see also TWO varieties of print panels - I know all about Control/P and File/Print and File Print set up and the top task bar icon.

Stuartli 20:46 27 Apr 2008

As I said before, I cannot open your first link - it's an Image Thrust fields panel.

You may just have an old dial-up connection still listed somewhere (see the Connections tab from Tools?Options>Connections tab), which will/could bring up the first panel.

But why two come up together is curious...:-)

brundle 20:47 27 Apr 2008

The one on the left is for a dial-up modem, the one on the right for a broadband connection requiring username and password (uses the `dialing` paradigm but it's just for the authentication aspect).
Don't know about the printing problem, I don't use MS Office 2007

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?