Is it possible to get my outlook express moved

erkmatrix 10:46 02 Aug 2006

Hi I want to as my PC has this major virus on, while I try to fix it or even get a new machine if it comes to that, but I want to save all my past emails and move outlook expressn to a external hard drive and over to my laptop which is what I'm post with on here. just so I can read all my new emails as well as havn't been able to get onto the outlook express on my infected PC since Sunday.

I'm with plusnet broadband and did want to ask them as they have a webmail service but for some reason now they don't have a ticket customer service system to ask question and just help pages, which I can find the one I need.

Just wondered if anyone here could help me.

Cheers
Phil

rawprawn 10:52 02 Aug 2006

click here Outlook Express Backup may help.Scroll down to the top of the list.

erkmatrix 11:01 02 Aug 2006

sadly thats not really an option anymore as I can't get onto the internet with my infected PC to download the backup software, I'm using my laptop here. So I was hoping I could move outlook onto my external hard drive and have it moved over or at least copy my emails in a big bunch.

If worse came to worse I guess I'd have to seive through the important ones and save them as individual emails onto my external drive

rawprawn 11:08 02 Aug 2006

Do you have a backup program such as Acronis?

Eric10 11:13 02 Aug 2006

From the Microsoft Knowledge Base click here

erkmatrix 13:44 02 Aug 2006

cheers for that link mate worked a treat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?