Is it possible to get the info from corrupted drive?

iryna.ruggeri 13:10 17 Dec 2013

hI if the drive ( Flash drive- HP v156w, 16 GB) is corrupted is it possible to get the info from the disk? Please HELP!

spuds 14:50 17 Dec 2013

It is possible, depending on how 'corrupt' the drive is, and what caused it.

Care to tell us more?.

iryna.ruggeri 15:11 17 Dec 2013

i get this message: Unknown device doesn't have a driver ; and Problem with PnP devices when i run trouble shoot in devices and printers on my Sony VAIO laptop( Windows 8, 64 bit), and error code:28 for unknown device doesn't have a driver. I tried USBdeview download, run and uninstall any devices shown not connected to gets rid of conflicting errors in the registry. No succsess(((.

lotvic 17:15 17 Dec 2013

As spuds has already asked, it depends on how 'corrupt' the drive is, and what caused it. It may be the usb flash drive or it may be your laptop.

Was it previously working ok with your W8 laptop?

Do other usb devices work ok in the same usb port?

Has someone else/or you used it on another pc?

Does it work ok on a different pc?

Did you pull it out with using 'Safely Remove Hardware'?

Please tell us the history of the usb flash drive from when it was working ok and that will give us some idea of what steps might work to recover it.

iryna.ruggeri 17:27 17 Dec 2013

Do other usb devices work ok in the same usb port? yes

Has someone else/or you used it on another pc? yes, but it worked after on my PC no problem Does it work ok on a different pc? the same problem

Did you pull it out with using 'Safely Remove Hardware'? yes, a lot of time after its become invisible, unknoun

iryna.ruggeri 17:30 17 Dec 2013

YES

lotvic 17:31 17 Dec 2013

Please be patient waiting for responses, quite a few will be online after tea.

iryna.ruggeri 17:52 17 Dec 2013

full story : I opened flash disk, it start to loading and opening files very slow, suddenly all writing, names of the files become unreadable. Than i took off the flash disk and try again. I got the message- disk have to be formated to be used again. After a lot of try disk become as i told befor...

iryna.ruggeri 17:57 17 Dec 2013

buon appetito)))))

onthelimit1 18:06 17 Dec 2013

The one free one I've had most success with is Pandora Recovery. But, if you've pulled the drive while it was transferring data, it could well be dead.

iryna.ruggeri 18:39 17 Dec 2013

Pandora dont see flash drive as is invisible on Pc and named unknown

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?