Is it ok to run notebook from powerlead

NANNYRUCKSPIN 18:04 31 Aug 2003

I have just purchased a laptop and want to know if its ok to run it from the power lead each time i use it or should i run it from the battery now and again?

Forum Editor 18:12 31 Aug 2003

run the machine on mains power, but it is a good idea to run on battery power from time to time - particularly when the computer is new. Run the battery right down and recharge it. Do that a couple of times.

I invariably run my laptop on the mains lead - it saves me having to think about the available power, particularly when I'm working live on a server.

NANNYRUCKSPIN 18:15 31 Aug 2003

Many Thanks. :0)

palinka 18:41 31 Aug 2003

This may help, too, Instructions with my laptop said run battery right down and recharge 3 times when it's new. Then remove the fully charged battery if you're running on mains - presumably because otherwise it will be receiving a trickle charge all the time which is not good for rehargeable batteries. Mine is plugged into mains virtually all the time so i've removed the battery & put it back on the odd occasion that I need to use it.

STEVE71163 19:14 31 Aug 2003

It is fine to use your laptop with the power lead in. I do it with mine all the time as it is more convenient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?