is it missing or deleted?

User-275D703E-9E45-4660-90C50AEC01271F1A 17:55 22 May 2007

Hi I recently installed some new memory in a friends desktop running xp, 512mb to 2gb this obviously speeded things up a lot. I then cleaned up using ccleaner then defraged. All was well, he then asked me to delete a user account that was not needed which I did. On reboot I discovered his MY PICTURES were missing. I have tried system restore to no avail, in the meantime I have told him to stop using the pc. Am I looking at data recovery or are they there somewhere?
thanks D

Marko797 17:59 22 May 2007

He could always try searching for all jpegs or even the folder name in the 'search' facility. Might be worth a shot.

Quiet Life 18:02 22 May 2007

Have you looked in the Recycle Bin?

Quiet Life 18:06 22 May 2007

This click here
is a freeware program that might show up the deleted folder.

Marko797 I tried using search no joy

Quiet Life thanks for the link I'll try it however he only has a C drive so I'll need to install it using a usb flash memory stick

I have now found most of the missing/deleted files, I used freeundelete using Quiet Life's link this was pretty quick but did not find all the files. I then used pci us smart recovery click here this was much slower but seemed to find more files. Both were easy to use, thanks to Marko797 & Quiet Life.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?