Is it the heat?

Jabba10 16:26 30 Jun 2005

Somebody please help! A few days ago, I was working on my Sony desktop computer in a very hot room (c.26% C) when it starts beeping every time I tried to run an application. These beeps got longer and longer until the screen just blanked on me, with the message "no signal being received". The base unit was still running, although there was no hard disk activity.

I switched it off and rebooted. However, although the fans etc. started, it didn't make the usual noises and although the hard disk light came on for a few seconds, it stopped and there was no further hard disk activity. Also, the same message ("no signal being received") was displayed on my monitor.

I've done the following but with no change.

1. Replaced the graphics card on the computer
2. Replaced the BIOS battery.

Is there anything I'm missing? or was the computer trying to tell me it was over-heating and finally melted something!?

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise it means laying out for another base unit!

Thanks in advance

retep888 16:35 30 Jun 2005

Just a suggestion if you don't see no flashing light on the optical drives while booting up either.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:39 30 Jun 2005

Certainly sounds like you have cooked the CPU as the beeps are a warning.

fans running probably means m board ok but No beeps on post and nothing on screen with gcard changed really now points to CPU fried.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?