Is it easy to use Remote assistance

SB23 20:27 23 Nov 2007

The reason I ask is that my father in law is experiencing a few problems on his laptop, problems that I know I can sort for him.
But, as I've never used this method of sorting problems before, I just wanted to know if there is anything that I need to know before hand, and exactly how does it all work?

Btw, we both use XP home.

Thanks

Steve

SANTOS7 20:31 23 Nov 2007

click here
this may help,good luck...

SB23 20:39 23 Nov 2007

Thanks for the link, doesn't look too bad, I hope, lol!

brundle 20:43 23 Nov 2007

CrossLoop or TeamViewer are both simple to set up and use, especially for non-techies; click here, click here

Teamviewer's site seems to be broken at the moment...

SANTOS7 20:44 23 Nov 2007

Follow the setup steps carefully, shouldn't be a problem, if you do have any probs be glad to help...

Sea Urchin 20:45 23 Nov 2007

Teamviewer OK from here

SB23 20:46 23 Nov 2007

Its easy when the instructions are in "idiot proof english", lol!

brundle 20:46 23 Nov 2007

Working here too now, momentary glitch this end it seems

SANTOS7 20:47 23 Nov 2007

both progs look more than adequate for the job so you have three options (Teamweaver site works for me) XP SP2 firefox...

SB23 20:52 23 Nov 2007

Both your links seem to be working, and thanks.

I'm speaking to my father in law via the IM facility on Aol at the mo. If he continues to struggle I will have to give him a hand.

Thanks for now

Steve

SB23 19:55 24 Nov 2007

Would you believe, at the last minute, my father in law managed to sort his problems, with me helping via IM, so I didn't need to use remote assistance after all.

But I would like to say thanks to all who replied, and brundle for both of your links. I think that CrossLoop and Teamviewer will be the ones that I'll keep close, you know, just incase I get that phonecall of shear desperation from my father in law again.

Thanks all

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017