iSync and iRestore

User-361D919A-9369-49DD-BB21C57F113ABA43 18:07 26 Oct 2009

Help I accendital erased all the data on my friend iPod. Its Nano. Is there any way I can get all the data back. There was 50 songs on it.

Pineman100 18:30 26 Oct 2009

I've never used an iPod. When you plug it into your computer, does it appear as a drive, and can you open it to show individual files/folders?

If so, you might try recovering the erased data with a program called Recuva, which is a free download. No promises, because I don't know whether Recuva will handle the iPod file format. But it's worth a try.

click here

Kingfisher 18:34 26 Oct 2009

providing you havn't deleted the songs on the hard drive, your friend should be able to open up itunes connect ipod to pc with usb cable supplied and then resync your ipod this will automatically transfer all her songs from itunes library to the ipod

john bunyan 19:06 26 Oct 2009

I always suggest, in i Tunes, that you click om Edit, then Preferences then Devices. Then check the box : "do not auto synch...". Then when you connect the i pod - for example a different one - it does not auto synch the stuff you dont want - or, maybe, if there are no tunes there, it will synch a blank folder.Which PC did you connect it to? The original one should have the songs so follow Kingfishers advice. In any case do back up the iTunes folder to another location such as an external drive or ar least burn a data DVD of the i Tunes music folder.Ther should also be an auto back up (put there by i Tunes) of the recognition of the i Pod.

I will try these the next time I'm over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires