issues with the amazon site

p;3 00:55 22 Nov 2006

having made several vists to the amazon site to attemtp to find some goods, I have noticed the presence of an inocuous browser pop up window appearing first in my system tray, then when I investigate , it developes in to a big advert; it seems to have the ability to affect ones pc,including, when one has tried to get rid of it, the ability to close other browser windows and , in my case, to prevent me from logging into sites or send e mails as all my browser windows get shut the moment I try to type anything

has anyone else met this or experienced this with the amazon site?

brundle 01:02 22 Nov 2006

Does it have a name, or take you to a particular site?

p;3 19:49 22 Nov 2006

I have just had a repeat of the thing; it appears on my system tray and now I recognise it, I remove it by ctrl,del ; it is an annoying window and I beleive I have got it via the amazon site

maybe someone could try the amazon site and see if they get the same effect?

woodchip 19:51 22 Nov 2006

Did you try what I posted? i.e check MSCONFIG for the popup

p;3 19:58 22 Nov 2006

yes i did; however, not sure of what I should look for In the program? it is starting to really annoy me now as i have not been to that site today yet have had the thing back

I have even removed the address from my favourites now

p;3 20:03 22 Nov 2006

it has just reappeared and the window address bar says"study hard,work faster, have fun" and now seems to be happening when I change pages on this forum too

oldbeefer2 20:19 22 Nov 2006

Odd. Never had problems with Amazon, and I've used it a lot.

p;3 20:40 22 Nov 2006

am in the process of scanning my pc with everything in my armoury; have even had problems with links in Mmy oe not working

VoG II 21:06 22 Nov 2006

I've never had trouble with Amazon so I doubt that is the source.

Try click here

esbe 16:19 23 Nov 2006

Got it during the last few days, but today with this site when opening Helproom.
It appears to be --
click here
and advertises Dell pc's etc.

cheers

p;3 18:39 23 Nov 2006

so how does one get rid of it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?