Issue with programs after factory reset

Firestormer 20:46 15 Nov 2014

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire 7750g.

Recently I decided to factory reset my PC. I used the Acer eRecovery management program to reset it.

I followed the tutorial here: click here went well but then when it was re-installing the software it got stuck at "Installing software cleanup 46/47" a few minutes later I got a blue screen of death.

I was able to get past the issue by starting in safe mode, then I went to C:\OEM\Preload\Command\AlaunchX and renamed "AppInRun" and "ALaunchX" so they wouldn't have the same name.

I tried to install google chrome but whenever I opened it, the computer would just freeze. Nothing worked, I was forced to hold down the power button until it shutdown. When it was back on, chrome seemed corrupted. I am able to install and use google chrome in safe mode, but not in normal mode.

I installed java 8 and tried to download minecraft, when I open minecraft it gives me a blue screen of death.

The computer seems slower. Youtube barely loads the videos on internet explorer in normal mode. I was able to run these programs without any issues before the reset. I have now tried to factory reset the computer 3 times using the eRecovery program but without any luck, the same thing happens every time.

Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Everything

Firestormer 01:34 16 Nov 2014

I tried updating my drivers but without any luck.

robintheumpteenth 02:12 16 Nov 2014

Repeat eRecovery (maybe another couple of times,if necessary.

Don't use safe mode, F8 Start Normally if it crashes.

Did you ever re-partition since new? Or re-size partitions. That can terminally screw up HDD Factory Recovery.

Then only DVD Recovery is possible.

Worst comes to worst, re-install Windows from a new DVD and forget about eRecovery.

click here

robintheumpteenth 02:19 16 Nov 2014

Sorry, 1 intermediate step may work after giving up on eRecovery.

Make a Mini-Tool Partition Wizard Bootable CD on another computer.

Boot the Acer from it, right click Recovery Partition, Modify, Set Active and see if it will boot directly into RP. (50/50 chance) If RP also marked as Hidden,Unhide it too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone