Issue with graphics on certain websites?

vivapokey 15:59 22 May 2015

Hi Guys, not sure if anyone can help source a problem for me or not. I put a question mark in the title because I don't know where this issue is coming from.

Just over the past 24hrs or so I'm seeing some weird saturation to images on my PC. The problem at first seemed to be everything but for some reason now that problem seems to be contained almost exclusively to images on facebook when viewed by chrome. I get pictures that do things like this:

click here is meant to be black and white, but that's what it is doing to every image. When I use other websites it seems fine, not perfect but almost so. When I use explorer to access facebook it seems fine too. It's just chrome on facebook every image and video is like that now. So I don't know where the problem lies .. can't be facebook or it should happen when using explorer? Can't be chrome or it would happen when using other websites from chrome? Can't be my graphics card or it would be doing it to everything?

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing chrome, no luck. I tried the obvious rebooting. Graphics drivers are all up to date. So, I'm not sure what the deal is.

Any ideas?

It

vivapokey 16:43 22 May 2015

Another example of the same image seen on chrome:

click here on explorer:

click here should mention that the problem is still happening away from facebook only nowhere near as extreme and it seems to really pick and choose what will be effected, random images/videos get it but the majority are fine.

and I

rdave13 16:59 22 May 2015

In Chrome click on the control icon (three bars top right) select settings. Select show advance settings at the bottom. Select the clear browsing data tab. Just have the box ticked for cached images and files then select the clear browser cache. Close Chrome then reopen. See if that helps.

vivapokey 17:17 22 May 2015

Hey thanks for the response :)

Just gave that a shot now as you suggested but unfortunately no change

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?