isp help

the kopite 07:24 08 Apr 2007

Hi Guys My friend has changed isp from tiscalli to virgin but he can not remove tiscalli from his mesh computer any ideas please Thanks Kopite

MAJ 07:42 08 Apr 2007

What exactly can he not remove? Is this a dialup or broadband connection you're talking about?

the kopite 08:21 08 Apr 2007

Hi MAJ Its Broadband he can not dealeat refrences to tiscali although he has deleated it in add remove programs and changed his ISP to virgin He wants to removed all refrences to tiscalli from his computer.? Tiscalli was imbeded by MESH he says and he can not unistall it hope this makes sense as this is how he explained it to me Thanks Kopite

MAJ 08:33 08 Apr 2007

But where [exactly] are the references to Tiscali that he wants to remove? If you mean Tiscali's name on the IE toolbar, then go to Start > Run and paste in:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

and click OK.

If you mean in the registry, then the registry will probably have to be edited to remove the instances of Tiscali. It depends on exactly what he wants to remove.

FatboySlim71 08:36 08 Apr 2007

Try CCleaner, if the references you mention to Tiscali are in the registry, it may remove them. Once you have installed CCleaner, choose the second option down on the left handside (ISSUES) and this will remove any invalid registry points. What exactly though are the references to Tiscali that you mention ?

click here

the kopite 08:52 08 Apr 2007

Hi Guys He did not know exactly how to explain I am visiting him tommorrow so I should have more information then. Will keep you posted Taanks Kopite

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?