ISP confusion

rosie 12:37 01 Aug 2006

A few months ago I switched server from Wanadoo to Plusnet, which at that time was highly recommended and had also been quoted in places as the UK no. one server. Since then they've gone from bad to worse and are now, I believe in trouble and losing customers. I'd like to switch again also, but can't help wondering if the same thing will happen again i.e. from recommended to no good. I'd like to know if there are any new ISP's I should look into.

anskyber 13:03 01 Aug 2006

I am with Zen, not cheap but excellent service and customer care. click here Select Zen and any others that you would like to get customer feedback results. If you hover on the bars the % will appear.

FelixTCat 15:18 01 Aug 2006

rosie,

Take a look at Madasafish click here. When you put in your phone number for a line check, use the code "cheaper" (without the "s) to get a good deal.

They have excellent customer service, with customer support monitoring and contributing to the forums here click here

Go to that site, click on Message Boards and see what people think of their ISPs. Just remember that people happy with a service rarely say so and the number of postings for any ISP may reflect the number of subscribers rather than the number of problems.

I moved from Pipex and I've never regretted it.

Regards,

Felix

jimv7 15:27 01 Aug 2006

Check out cable, NTL or Telewest if they are in your area.

levyo1 15:56 01 Aug 2006

what ever you do talktalk customer services is non existant 1hour 25 mins holding thats gotta be tops for the worst dont recommend them

xania 16:01 01 Aug 2006

I've been with Claranet for years. Switch from dial-up to Broadband with no problems. Very quick response to helpdesk calls, and they don't give up until they've solved the problem. OK, they are expensive, but no dropped lines, and they give what they claim. I sometimes think about swtiching to something a bit cheaper, then I look at all these complaints and.....stay put.

You only get what you pay for.

Also check out

click here re Plusnet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?