ISP ADDRESS ?

BLUELEN 18:05 31 Mar 2006

Where can I find what my ISP address is please as I have just come home and the children inform me of problems with the PC, as it just shut down unexpectantly.Now the firewall(zone alarm ) is saying that a new network IP 192.168.0.0 has been detected, so I would like to check what the other one is. I couldn't access the internet at first but on checking the connection settings I noticed that the dial a connection was unticked. Also at present can't receive email as message says tcp/ip connection unexpectantly terminated by server. Grateful for any help. Thanks

recap 20:35 31 Mar 2006
  lozparry 22:36 31 Mar 2006

need to know your set up? adsl? use a router? is it wireless and is this enabled?
192.168.0.0 is a private IP range not on the internet
to find out your ISP address the only thing I can think of is website click here
this has your IP top right.
If you have a router and a admin page in there will be the ISP address if you have one?
Could you have lost you internet connection call the ISP helpline?

hope that helps

BLUELEN 22:57 31 Mar 2006

Thanks for help Have found IP address. think a virus might have been causing problems as antivirus has just removed c:\bla.exe which apparently is a trojan. Anyway email is back and things seem to be ok for now ! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?