ISP and 64 bit Vista/Win 7

Billawa 15:56 02 Dec 2009

For many years I have used Orange/ Wanadoo as my ISP with no complaints. I bought a new computer using Vista 64 bit but my supplied Thomson 330 modem disc "does not work with 64 bit systems" (as thrown up on the screen) Contacted Orange by e-mail explaining the problem. Eventually they sent a revised installation disc - which did not work "not for 64 bit systems"!! I have now upgraded to Win 7 64 bit.

After phoning Orange one of their Technical Advisors phoned me and tried to troubleshoot/ install the modem. After 20 minutes of unsuccessful effort they advised me to contact the computer manufacturer (laughter at my end!) Has anyone else got this problem with Orange as they are not now responding to e-mails other than "Thanks we will reply in 5 days" automatic reply and then nothing!

fsbb 16:09 02 Dec 2009

I had similar problem with Orange some time ago re 64 bit vista. I decided to dump the 330 and move to wireless modem. Now have new PC with Win 7 64 bit which found wireless modem without a hitch.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:10 02 Dec 2009

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?