isp

yaziii121 16:30 20 Sep 2006

how do i get my configuration information from isp for tesco broadband i just brought a netgear wireless modem/router and its asking for configuration information any one tell me please!!!

ade.h 16:42 20 Sep 2006

Contact Tesco?

You will need three parameters that are unique to your ISP or your account: MTU value, username and password. Plus IP if yours is static.

Then some parameters that are the same for every ADSL user in the UK: VPI/VCI (0 and 38 respectively) encapsulation (VCMux) and protocol (PPP over ATM).

yaziii121 17:03 20 Sep 2006

my broadband ask me to login to use internet will it be the same when i connected netgear modem/router because i will have to on my computer login and then use my laptop

yaziii121 17:03 20 Sep 2006

my broadband ask me to login to use internet will it be the same when i connected netgear modem/router because i will have to on my computer login and then use my laptop

ade.h 17:44 20 Sep 2006

No, it can't work like that. Since there is no direct connection between a router and its clients, those clients can have no control over the WAN connection. It is managed by the router and must be always-on. Any settings such as "dial on demand" and must be avoided. I should also point out that this particular aspect of WAN connectivity often proves to be a weak point for Netgears, which can sometimes develop the habit of dropping their connections after a period of inactivity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?