ISO

new214 13:39 18 Jun 2008

Heya all, Ive got some files on my PC - and was wondering

1) how do I create a ISO image of them? I know how to create burn a ISO image to CD/DVD but can you create one based on files on your harddrive and if so how? Do you need some software - Ive only got Nero and Power to GO.

2) Ive heard of mirroring/imaging harddrives is this the same as creating an ISO image of the entire harddrive?

Ive done a google search but cant find nothing that actually answers the above???

woodchip 13:43 18 Jun 2008

Data Files burned with Nero, are Iso.

Are you getting mixed up with a Bootable Image Iso

new214 13:58 18 Jun 2008

No my first question is how do i create an ISO image of my files e.g. lets say Ive got a folder full of word files - is it possible to create an ISO image of that folder - therefore leaving me with the folder and the ISO image????

If yes how can you do this?

My second question is not confusing Bootable Image Iso - i heard people mirror/image their harddrives as a backup - is this diffeent from creating an ISO image of the entire harddrive?

woodchip 14:02 18 Jun 2008

All you do is open Nero and drag the files from the drive or folder on to the left window of Nero

You can create folders just as in Windows. By right clicking the New on the Left you can Create Folder or Rename etc then burn them

grey george 14:31 18 Jun 2008

The iso file system is explained here click here you do need to be sure that you can restore from it other wise it will be useless.
A drive is normally mirrored when a machine has two or more drives. Every thing that is done on one drive is also done on the other so that if one fails you can carry on working. These drives are normally used with a raid controler and are hot swapable so the duff one can be replaced without shuting down, the new drive is then mirrored from the remaing good drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?