Isass.exe Error.The endpoint format is invalid???

adfather 16:14 12 Jun 2008

HI GUYS...my machine is down...cannot boot into Windows XP. The boot up proceedure takes me through initial stages then onto a black screen and the above error message. I can access windows in safe mode...have tried recovery but still get error message. Checked on line but messages seem confused. i have tried a series of suggesteed reg edits but the result is still the same. Any suggestions?
Cheers.

skidzy 17:36 12 Jun 2008

Isass.exe can be disguised as a virus;run your anti virus in safemode.

Alternatively,try a repair if you have a windows disk click here

If no disk,you may have a recovery/restore partition,we will need to know the make and model of the computer.

How old is the computer ?
Did you install windows ?

From safemode,check to see if you can see a recovery partition.

In safemode;
Start / right click my computer / manage / storage / disk management / post back what is listed.

NewestRoyWidd1 17:37 12 Jun 2008

Does this help?click here

adfather 14:30 13 Jun 2008

After a long night -hours of fighting with safemode, running spyware and finding nothing, reg checkers etc...seems the problem relates to an piece of software loaded yonks ago...Ashampoo Power-up XP and probably System Mechanic Pro 7.(could also be related to a recently loaded pisce of Maxter software. Whichever it was I do not really know...defaulting one and switching the off cleared the boot up...I then resorted the reg out using regcure and we seem to be up and running... i say seem as the boot up feels very slow... probbably due to the massive udates on spybot and adaware that I loaded to check for viral problems.
Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?