irvan view istalation problems

uskfisherman 12:19 04 Jun 2004

Hi ther. I am trying to instal Irvan View. Whem I get to the istal part I get the following message "Cant create destination directory. Olease check write permissions and system policies. Try to create folder manually and restart. I havent a clue what all this means . Can any one help please. Windows 98, a second hand PC prev on a network, works in every other respect. Have installed many other progs without problems.

uskfisherman 19:45 05 Jun 2004

Hello Forum member, and thank for responding.I have to tell the truth.. I was trying to instal this on drive D instead of C . How dull can you you get! I am 78 and will use that as an excuse!!!. It is now safely installed, What I would prefer is MS Windows Photo Editor, which I have on another PC (two playing through one Monitor with a belken box) with Windows XP Home. I cant seem to do this however, I have MS Office 200 small bus, but for some strange reason this item has suddenly become unavailable.Thanks again.

Pesala 20:33 05 Jun 2004

Some tips here on using Irfan View:
click here

You can do lots with it, but it is not a photo-editor. You would be better off using MS Paintbrush for pixel editing, though it is not impossible with Irfan View if you just need to clean up a few spots. Just zoom in real close (drag a selection) click inside it. Then drag/select again and cut (control X).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?