IrfanView 4.25 Was Released

Pesala 21:52 17 Jun 2009

Download: click here

Plugins: click here

History of Changes: click here

Stuartli 23:36 17 Jun 2009

Ta much so!

Taff™ 08:25 18 Jun 2009

Thanks Pesala - I seem to have missed the 4.24 version so I`m grateful.

Pesala 05:46 22 Jun 2009

Don't bother to upgrade yet if you need to view SVG or DWG images. The new version cannot view them.

If you need to save multipage PDF files, a bug fix is available in the support forum: click here

Pesala 18:47 25 Jun 2009

Be cautious about using the new option: View, Display Options, "Use resample for zoom."

• I opened a large image (about 3,500 x 3,000 pixels).
• I selected an area and zoomed in.
• I turned on the option to "Use resample for zooming."
• I zoomed out using the keyboard shortcut.

IrfanView froze completely. I could not terminate it from Windows Task Manager. The disk was thrashing away. Finally, I used the power button. On rebooting I got the Blue Screen strongly advising me to check the inegrity of my drive. As you may know, running scandisk can take all night, so I skipped it for now.

Pesala 10:56 05 Jul 2009

An updated executable i_view32.exe for version 4.25 can be download from the support forum: click here

Pesala 11:56 06 Jul 2009

Some users might find this useful. Like most OCR programs, results may be less than 100% depending on the quality of the image, but it does often save some typing. To test it, I zoomed in to my preceding post, captured the screen in IrfanView and pressed the F9 key to start the OCR plugin. I selected the area to recognise, and the resulting text (with errors) is pasted below:

Another Big Bug
Be cautious about using the new option : View, Display Options, ~'Use resamp e for zoom . '
* I opened a large image (about 3,500 x 3,000 pixels) .
* I selected an area and zoomed in.
* I turned on the option to "Use resample for zooming.~
· I zoomed out using the keyboard shortcut
IrfanView froze completely. I could not terminate it from Windows Task Manager. The disk
was th rash i ng away. Final ly, I used the power button . On rebooti ng I got the Bl ue Screen
strongly advising me to check the inegrity of my drive. As you may know, running scandisk
can take all night, so I skipped it for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?