iqon notebook computer please help me

danny boi 22:11 18 Jul 2012

hi i have a iqon notebook computer model m66se i went to turn it on one morning and it all light up but nothing appered on the screen can someone please help it hasnt been droped or anything i really need go get on it as it has all my college work on please help someone many thanks dan

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:03 18 Jul 2012

Possiblities:

1. you have it set for external monitor instead of laptop screen

2. screen dead

3. backlight failed

4. inverter failed

5. graphics chip failed

6. motherboard / cpu failed.

1- try cycling through the external screen selection keys, usualy fn + f key with blue square symbol once for external only, twice for external + laptop screen, three times for laptop screen only.

1-4 try attaching an external monitor and see if you get a picture on that.

close your other thread and stick with this one to avoid confusion.

danny boi 23:19 18 Jul 2012

that hasnt worked is there anythin else i can try

lotvic 14:47 19 Jul 2012

If you don't manage to get the iqon notebook to light up take the harddrive out and connect it to another pc as an extra one (either via a usb connector cable or internal sata or IDE depending on what connector is on harddrive) and you will be able to access your files on your harddrive. You can then either work with them (if the other pc has the software programs needed) or copy them to wherever you want to keep them safe.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:00 19 Jul 2012

Once you have retrieved your data back it up to another source. such as external drive or burn to DVD etc.

Now give us some more info about your laptop failure.

I take it connecting another monitor and attempting to run fom that hasn't worked?.

Remove all usb devices, make sure no disks in drives tap F8 while its booting and see f it will boot to a menu.

Also try to boot with HDD out and see if it boots to an error message.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?