IPv6 Limited Connectivity

Chadders1989 20:01 05 Dec 2007

I have just bought a Dell Inspiron 530, which has a built in wireless card. Once installed it worked fine connecting to my BT Home Hub. Recently the relialbility and quality of the wireless connection has deteriorated badly.
I checked the status of my connection, and the only problem which i can see is IPv6 Connectivity being "limited". The Ipv4 is connected, stating "internet".
Any Ideas

ambra4 23:16 05 Dec 2007

Windows Vista contains both the familiar Internet Protocol v4 stack and the new IPv6 stack.

IPv6, when it's rolled out across the Internet over the next few years, will bring an end to the problem of running out of IP addresses and improve other aspects of TCP/IP operation.

However, if you are using Windows Vista on a network with Windows XP systems, you may have problems accessing password-protected shares on a Vista system from an XP system because Vista uses IPv6 and IPv4, while Windows XP uses IPv4 only.

The solution: Disable IPv6 on the Windows Vista system.

To disable IPv6 on a specific connection, you can go to the Network Connections folder, obtain properties of the connection and clear the check box next to the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) component in the list.

This method disables IPv6 on your LAN interfaces and connections

Chadders1989 19:12 06 Dec 2007

Quality
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?