iPod vs Creative Zen Vision - which one ?

Dick_Dastardly 22:27 15 Oct 2006

I'm taking the plunge and getting an MP3 player - but I'm torn between an iPod and the Creative Zen Vision M - both 30 GB

Anyone have an opinion on which is best - need ease of use downloading from PC and will also use it for music photos and video.

All recommendations welcome !

Thanks

Ikelos 22:30 15 Oct 2006

iRiver everytime, ace sound, holds about 14000 tracks, radio, recorder, everything but make the tea......

Minkey1 23:36 15 Oct 2006

Don't know about iRiver (although I believe they're long established and well rated) but bear in mind the iPod ties you to iTunes. Apple, having sold you the hardware, require you to use their software, and would really prefer it if you bought content from them as well !

And people complain about Microsoft abusing it's position ?!

Creative on the other hand, not being a content provider, gives you more flexibility in file formats, as well as getting content on your device.

A friend has the Vision M and loves it.

You pays your money.....

sean-278262 23:47 15 Oct 2006

iRiver - Been there done that not ever again. I sent a request to them to get it repaired. Took them a month to get back to me and 2 more to fix the player! They returned it still with the same fault and I demanded a new one which again took nearly another month!

Never again!

iPods are as said a bit limited but check out click here

Cowon make some nice players. click here

What do you want the player to do?

I would take the Zen with the 2 options given.

Noelg23 23:53 15 Oct 2006

If I were you lot...I would wait until Microsoft release their iPod killer: Zune...

more info click here=

sean-278262 23:57 15 Oct 2006

Noelg23 basically its the same as my PMP. I see nothing it can do that my iRiver cant.

Kate B 00:51 16 Oct 2006

You don't have to use iTunes to manage an iPod, you can use third-party apps such as Ephpod (free) and Xplay (about $25) but if you buy music online you do have to buy it from the iTunes music store as an iPod won't play WMA, which is the format the other stores use.

I love iPods but tend to suggest that people look at the Creative Zen and iRiver ranges too as they tend to be better value for money.

Dick_Dastardly 22:23 16 Oct 2006

Haven't really considered IRiver - think I'm leaning towards the Creative Zen but any more advice gladly accepted

Daibus 22:48 16 Oct 2006

File.

golfpro 08:12 17 Oct 2006

iPods are not tied to iTunes, but you must have iTunes on your PC to transfer the music to your iPod. You can download music from anywhere to your PC, Cd's, music stores and from other PCs using a USB dongle.
I have a Nano and love it apart from the tuning ring which is too sensitive, and the screen which can't be read in sunlight, also Bose make a great portable integrated speaker system for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?