iPOD USB problem

Sorted 16:01 30 Aug 2008

I am running on windows XP sp2 home; I have loaded itunes but when I connect my iPOD a message appears regarding the USB driver and then another message which asks for a 'mobile device set-up disk' - can anyone explain why this is happening and what needs to be done? I do not have any mobile devices connected apart from the iPOD

Frosty120 19:09 04 Dec 2008

I'm having the same problem.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes, have followed the help on the Apple site ( click here ) and am still nowhere.

Really very frustrating.

When I plug my Ipod into another computer it works.

This is doing my head in.

Frosty120 22:54 04 Dec 2008

I used another computer to change the ipod to 'disk mode', now it doesn't do anything. You plug it in and don't even get the error, nothing.

Really frustrated, this is wasting loads of my time and it should be so simple.

CLONNEN 11:12 05 Dec 2008

Have you tried booting the computer with the Ipod connected to the USB port (instead of plugging in while Windows is already running). XP often has trouble recognizing USB devices particularly hard drives - usually sees them alright during the Windows Login sequence.

Frosty120 22:51 07 Dec 2008

Hi Clonnen, yes, have tried that.

Have tried running the battery flat and plugging it in now too.

Sorted 19:14 08 Dec 2008

in the end i resolved this buy downloading the latest itunes version - made absolutely sure it updated the software - connected and reset the ipod and after that it's been okay

Frosty120 00:41 10 Dec 2008

Hi Sorted, tried that too but it didn't work.

However, I have just fixed it!!!!! YES! Literally just now.

I opened search and searched for 'usbaapl'.

I plugged in the iPod, went to Device Manager, right clicked on 'iPod' and selected update driver, (as Apple advice), but when it asked for the driver, rather than giving a folder, I took it right to the file, it seems to have worked..

I am very happy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Software for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?