iPod touch firmware upgrade

ykzn 03:12 21 Jul 2009

Hi all!

How can I update my iPod touch second generation's firmware 2.2.1 to 3.0 without losing all my songs and apps and games?

Thanks!

gengiscant 08:48 21 Jul 2009

You don't lose anything when you upgrade,my ipod touch 2nd gen has been and I lost nothing.

But before you upgrade, you might want to do a bit of research and ask yourself whether the upgrade is worth it.The upgrade doesn't really add much to the ipod touch.
If I had looked into it more, I wouldn't have bothered.

I am Spartacus 08:49 21 Jul 2009

Connect it to iTunes and download the upgrade. I did it without losing anything. I would suggest doing a backup of iTunes first.

ykzn 12:36 21 Jul 2009

gengiscant & I am Spartacus,

Thanks! Now I am thinking it over again to upgrade when it would not do any worthy improvements to my iPod touch second generation.

Really thanks!

I am Spartacus 13:51 21 Jul 2009

The benefits I got were that the keyboard now works in Landscape mode which makes the keys slightly bigger and there's copy & paste functionality. The voice recorder is not much use as there's no microphone. There's no noticeable speed improvement. Unless you use the keyboard and copy & paste then there's no great benefits.

brambles 14:59 21 Jul 2009

I personally think its worthwhile for a modest cost. Being an elderly person the landscape typewriter is certainly beneficial for me.

With regard to the voice recorder I purchased a mic/earphone/downloaded the Skype application and can use it outside with free wireless. It then becomes easy to record voice messages.

Also I can copy an image from those on my Touch - and paste it into an email - all works very well with a cup of coffee and free McDonalds wi-fi.

Brambles

I am Spartacus 15:58 21 Jul 2009

Could you give me a link to the headphone/mic you bought please?

brambles 10:41 22 Jul 2009

From the Apple Store

iPhone Stereo Headset MA814LL/A about £25 - there is a superior one costs circa £49

Brambles

john bunyan 11:52 22 Jul 2009

On my grand daughters touch, the upgrade enabled bluetooth.

I am Spartacus 13:12 22 Jul 2009

Thanks brambles, I'd seen those but it didn't state Touch compatibility. Now you've confirmed it I'll order a pair.

gengiscant 13:20 23 Jul 2009

Get them here for half brambles price.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017