Ipod Touch Cannot install?

nutty boy 12:33 26 Dec 2008

i have one very dissapointed young son.Got a new Ipod Touch 8GB for Christmas but struggling to get it up and running.Thought we had a faulty unit so took it back to Argos this morning and got a replacement but same problem so presume it's something on my PC causing the problem.Using an Acer laptop with 2.0 uSB ports with XP home installed including service pack 2.When you plug in and turn the Ipod on you get the XP Hardware Wizard that searches but reports back 'Cannot install this hardware because the Wizard cannot find the necessary software'.Tried disableing anti-virus but still struggling.The instruction say plug in turn on and folow the on screen instructions in Itunes but this does not open?

I am Spartacus 12:39 26 Dec 2008

Have you installed the latest version of iTunes? When I set mine up I started iTunes before plugging it in, it then needed a firmware update downloaded via iTunes.

nutty boy 12:46 26 Dec 2008

Yes installed the latest Itunes.

I am Spartacus 12:51 26 Dec 2008

I would try re-installing iTunes. I don't recall that XP ran the Hardware Wizard when I set mine up (might not have noticed it though) which may mean that it's not installed properly.

nutty boy 12:53 26 Dec 2008

Thanks for you reponces but did try re-installing Itunes but I think the problem lies somewhere with XP wizard that takes over?

I am Spartacus 12:57 26 Dec 2008

What happens in iTunes if you have it running and then connect the Touch? Does it show in the left hand pane under 'Devices'?

jellyhead 19:49 26 Dec 2008

Just got one up and running, installed latest itunes, plugged in ipod, it came up with registration of product, which I did, hardware wizard did not start up at all, now happily charging.

nutty boy 20:06 26 Dec 2008

I do not see anything in Itunes under devices?All the web sites and comments say it should load automatically and I think the automatic wizard has something to do with it.Can it be turned off?Most people do not get the set up wizard opening?

jellyhead 20:17 26 Dec 2008

Does the touch battery have some charge in it?

jellyhead 20:20 26 Dec 2008

Have you tried these places
click here#

click here

homestay 21:10 26 Dec 2008

sorry i need know more about to the my pc.
always i have problem with my computer
.if you want help me click here
thanks
atte: dina fiorela

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?