IPOD Touch

collinsc 16:07 26 Dec 2007

Ive just been given an IPOD touch.

how do i get it working? do i need to install the itume software to my PC and then transfer the software to the IPOD?

can i download songs from my laptop (which is windows media player format) straight to the Ipos or do i have to install the software to the laptop?

thanks

bremner 16:20 26 Dec 2007

You will need to install iTunes, load your songs into it and create playlists. The songs will need to be in mp3 or aac, although iTunes can convert non DRM wma's.

Then connect the iTouch and choose which of the playlists you want on it, through iTunes.

collinsc 16:49 26 Dec 2007

thank you

at the moment im installing straight from ny music files - without creating new playlists- so i assume it is copying ALL music found on my hard drive.

how long might this take? (i know it depends on the number of files..)

thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:17 26 Dec 2007

It can take some time but there should be a progress bar at the top of itunes.

I've just bought the 16Gb version which I am delighted with especially the speed of t'internet and here are some useful Itouch links......click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

G

collinsc 10:46 27 Dec 2007

thanks

collinsc 13:55 27 Dec 2007

so.... ive nearly loaded lots of tunes on to my ipod. a friend has a similar one- who can i transfer all my songs to his player?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?