Ipod Setup Problem

Bronica 15:13 08 Jan 2006

Anybody know about Ipods?
A freinds daughter has an Ipod Nano which will set up ok on his machine running Win XP no problem. When it is set up on her machine also runnung XP we get problems. XP recognises it as a USB mass storage device it sees it as an ipod but the ipod installer just keeps sitting there saying waiting for ipod you eventualy get a generic error message saying ipod set up failed to complete. I have looked on ipod website and tried removing all quick time and itunes installations. I have tried removing the mass storage device and reinstalling usb drivers but each time before ipod set up can see ipod XP installs it as a storage device. Any ideas?

bremner 15:43 08 Jan 2006

Does the machine have iPod updater installed? click here

Bronica 16:54 08 Jan 2006

I haave not installed ipod updater on either machine and I am sure it is not on the one that is working but I will give it a try. Any other ideas?

bremner 17:58 08 Jan 2006

If you originally loaded the first machine with the supplied disk then Updater would have been loaded automatically.

Harrogman 15:37 02 Feb 2006

Can anyone help me?
I installed my Nano first (on XP) then tried to attach my sons nano so as to share the Itunes library.
When I attached his the Nano was formatted and all of his tunes dowloaded were lost.

Can two devices be attached to a single PC and why does the I tunes not recognise a new device?

Please help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?