iPod problem

Guady 09:52 03 Feb 2009

I have a problem with my iPod and wonder if anyone can help!! This morning I connected via the PC as usual and "synced" the iPod to update the Podcasts. When it completed I disconnected as normal but the iPod would not switch off manually. It went off automatically after a few seconds but would not then switch on again. I've tried pressing the Menu and centre button to re-set but that doesn't do anything. I'm considering trying the Reset iPod button on the PC screen, but wonder if I'll then have to re-load all my music and Podcasts - which would be a nightmare!! Any assistance, suggestions, etc gratefully received. Thanks

brambles 17:27 03 Feb 2009

Guady - if you reset the iPod on the computer it will be back to the condition it was in when you bought it. This will not affect any of your music, videos etc which will still be on your computer(but not your iPod). They will just need to be synchronised again to download back to the iPod.

Brambles

john bunyan 17:32 03 Feb 2009

When you "disconnected as usual" did you use the disconnect iPod in Controls?. As brambles says, you wont lose the iTunes files on the PC. Do you back up the My Music Folder to either DVD's or a USB hard drive? If not suggest you do!!

Guady 09:29 04 Feb 2009

Thanks for your help - I've re-set and re-synced - so am once again all systems go!! Your responses are much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?