iPod not syncing new music

Mr DK 20:28 02 Jan 2011

Hi guys, could do with a bit of help please.

Have one of the newer classic ipods and it's been working fine really. Only had to restore once in the last 2/3 years.

But recently I added a couple of new songs to my iTunes library, plugged into the ipod and it said sync complete and I assumed the new songs were copied over. Unplugged it to the find the whole library on the ipod except the new songs. Tried a couple times but the new songs just would not go on the ipod. So I restored it and they did and I assumed all was fine until I went to put more new stuff and on and it just won't transfer it.

As I said, the existing library is still fine and on the ipod, it's the things I'm adding that won't copy.

Any ideas? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

PS - Only other thing I've done with the ipod is plug it into my xbox but that's never been a problem before. Never stopped me copying new music at my next sync and I sync regulary.

Audio~~Chip 21:36 02 Jan 2011

to the most current version? maybe try this; back up your Music folder to memory stick then uninstall Itunes restart machine, download itunes from apple website, install etc and try it again.

I take it when connecting the Ipod to the machine it finds it ok?

Mr DK 14:45 03 Jan 2011

Hi there. Thanks for the reply.

Did what you suggested and for the moment it seems to have worked.

I also changed the iPod settings - the options in the tabs to sync music, videos etc. It automatically does that but I just selected them to make sure I knew the ticked stuff was getting done. Never had this problem before though. Very odd. Thanks very much for the help. I'll post if any more problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017