Ipod Nano flickering screen

Alf58 23:24 24 Jul 2006

I bought an Ipod Nano for my daughter's birthday and barely three weeks have gone by and the screen light is behaving erratically. Sometimes its ok but other times it flickers or does not illuminate when it is supposed to.

Is this a known fault with Ipod Nanos? Should I bother about it (all other functions are ok)? Am I entitled to a replacement unit or does it have to go away for repair for several weeks?

Any answers gratefully received.

powerless 23:31 24 Jul 2006

Send it back.

Did you buy it online from Apple?

Alf58 23:39 24 Jul 2006

Nope I bought it from my local Comet

Alf58 00:09 25 Jul 2006

Just been on the Apple website! Jeeze what a mess. Although there is a link to contact support it takes you to a blank page. Lots of FAQs but none mention flickering Nano screens. I tried to register the Ipod but you have to have an "Apple ID" before you can register. You can actually create an "AppleID" only problem is you need an Apple ID in order to create an Apple ID! What a farce.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:12 25 Jul 2006

Just take it back to the store and don't bother with t'internet or registering etc.

G

Alf58 00:18 25 Jul 2006

Am I entitled to a replacement or do Comet have to repair it? I bought it five weeks ago not three as I stated earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?