Ipod nano

kingussie 20:09 04 Oct 2006

I keep getting the message..........could not be used because the original file could not be found. would you like to locate it. This invariably fails.
There are about 200 tracks which I copied from Cd,s but I cannot download them to my Nano

Any ideas

JanaMan 20:16 04 Oct 2006

This may be a silly question - but of course i dont know whether your very good or bad with computers. Not saying you are either! ( being nuetral)

Are they in the right format and are your trying to put the music onto your Nano using Itunes rather than windows explorer.

kingussie 20:22 04 Oct 2006

JanaMan....When downloading them Itunes swept them up and there was no option to separate them and now they are in the Itune library

JanaMan 20:34 04 Oct 2006

So i think you need to put the cd back in - because the Itunes didnt rip the music files.

I guess you need to rip it onto the hard drive and then try copying to the Nano

Or of course copy it straight to the nano without ripping it.

------------------------------------------------
Im not sure how, since ive moved away from itunes for a while now i rip my music onto my nano using third party software as well as Podzilla (a different OS(Linux) for the Nano) which turns it into a hard driveon most PCS

Kate B 22:19 04 Oct 2006

Ah, I think this might be another bug with iTunes 7.0. I'm having the same problem with my iPod.

kingussie 22:23 04 Oct 2006

It is since I used itunes 7.0 update that the problem started..any ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?