ipod nano

TINDO 10:16 09 Mar 2006

i just bought a ipod nano 1gb and it is only taking 80 songs when it says 240 songs on the box do i have to do something before loading music

Jdoki 10:25 09 Mar 2006

It depends on the format you have the songs in MP3 or AAC (AAC is usually a bit smaller in my experience), and also at what rate they are encoded at.

The lower the quality you have the songs at the more you'll fit on the iPod. I usually go for 96kbps.

You can check the quality of the songs by right clicking on them (in iTunes) and having a look at the properties.

Genius1 10:26 09 Mar 2006

I can store more than 80 songs on my 1GB iPod nano in MP3 format. I didn't have to do anything before loading the music using iTunes.

keef66 13:01 09 Mar 2006

I thought they came in 2gb or 4gb sizes?
You must be doing something wrong. My son got a 2gig Nano for Christmas and spent the whole of Christmas day transferring his entire music collection to it. Hundreds of tracks. Have another look at the manual, the on screen help, or the Apple website.

Jdoki 13:53 09 Mar 2006

iPod Nano's now come in 1, 2 and 4Gb flavours!

If you turn on the Nano...

Go in to Settings -> About, it will tell you the total capacity, the amount left and the total songs on the iPod.

If the capacity information is correct (it probably won't be a full 1Gb - my 4Gb Nano reports 3.7Gb capacity), then chances are it's the size of the music files that is stopping you use to it's full potential

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?