Ipod help

5starred 23:09 15 Jan 2009

Firstly apologies if I've put this in the wrong place.

My wife and kids all have Ipods and I am trying to get new songs added to the ones that I have already put on their Ipod's. I have tried all kinds of things on Itunes but to no avail. I have just synched my wifes and its taken all the songs off and replaced them with new ones I have added to the library which I knew if would but I must be missing something.

Question is how do I do this without losing what I already have if they are not in the library. And is it possible to use songs off an external hard drive rather than have to use space on my system. I have tried to add songs manually but it doesn't seem to allow me to.

Any help / tips / advice would be most welcomed.

bobbybowls 23:26 15 Jan 2009

There is no way to do it without it being in the itunes library, but itunes will read files off of an external hard drive just as long as its turned on when you open itunes. You do that by adding folders in the file section of itunes.

5starred 23:30 15 Jan 2009

So does that mean I dont have to store the albums on my system? Just in the library?

bobbybowls 23:25 16 Jan 2009

yes thats right if it is in your external hard drive and the hard drive is on and the files have been found by itunes it doesnt need to be on your actual computer just the itunes software has to be on your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?