Ipod Frozen

tarmac 18:57 10 Apr 2007

Hi,

I have a 4G Nano Ipod which I got at christmas. Earlier today, I put some new songs onto it, listened to it for an hour, and then, when browsing, the Ipod froze. This has happened before, and, after waiting for a while, the Ipod just unfroze. This time, however I waited for 2 hours, and nothing happened. I then went onto Itunes to see if I could access the Ipod there, but when plugging in the ipod, an error message came on saying the Ipod was corrupted, and that I needed to restore it. So I clicked on the restore button, but another error message came up saying it was unable to do it. I tried to do it again, but Itunes just freezes, and so I can't access Itunes with the Ipod plugged in.

Can anyone please help me?

Al94 19:24 10 Apr 2007

My son says try this

1. plug the ipod into the computer

2. hold menu and the middle button at the same time until the apple logo shows up

3. as soon as the apple logo comes up hold the play/pause button and the middle button until it shows a tick and says do not disconnect.

4. get this click here < ipod updater

5. perform ipod restore on your ipod.

this should fix the problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:25 10 Apr 2007

First of all disconnect from PC
disconnect from mains
let battery run flat (or remove if possible)

Leave in inert condition for at least 30 mins before reconnecting to mains and recharging battery.

Attempt to restore while not connected to PC.

Reconnect to PC and reload software / songs.

tarmac 09:01 11 Apr 2007

Thankyou for your responses. I have read them and understand what you are saying. But during the night, my Ipod had unfrozen, and when turning it on, I found that the battery was very low. I have now put it on charge, and it works fine. I did not have to put any of the previous songs back on, nor download any software.

Thankyou for your time.

Tarmac

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?