Ipod & Empty

jim63 18:37 07 Dec 2007

My granson has a problem with his Ipod.Music is stored on it and can be viewed on PC and also played but when he connects earphone to Ipod it says empty disc.

rossgolf 19:55 07 Dec 2007

how are you transfering the music?
with what program?

jim63 05:29 08 Dec 2007

From cd.I copied the tracks and then to ipod destination on desktop.

C3 07:17 08 Dec 2007

Stupid question, but did you literally drag and drop the files from the CD then put them on the iPod? If so, then that wouldn't work.

I'm thinking though, that if you say they can be played on the PC, then this would be once you've copied them off the CD rather than playing them direct off the CD?

You would need a program to convert the music files from the CD into MP3 format. I'm guessing the iTunes has something to do that, or you could use a free program called CDex that will rip the CD music files into MP3s.

jim63 09:23 08 Dec 2007

I selected all the tracks and then copy. Then you are asked where to copy them to. I selected ipod drive. Why is it you can play them from the ipod on pc but not through earphone and you get "empty disc" The tracks copied okay to the ipod.

C3 17:55 08 Dec 2007

I don't have an iPod, but on my Creative Zen, there are sub folders. One folder is used for music, the others are used for video. You have to make sure that the music is put in the correct folder otherwise it won't show up in the right place on the player.

Maybe this is a similar problem.

Were you using iTunes to rip the CD in the first place?

MCE2K5 19:11 08 Dec 2007

Check out this Video, click here

JACC 20:13 08 Dec 2007

jim63 go into settings and then reset all settings,the music should re-appear

john bunyan 20:23 08 Dec 2007

jim63. I assume you see the tunes in the PC's iPod Library ? After JACC's suggestion, hope it is ok? Don't forget to back up "my Music" folder to DVD or other back up media.

jim63 20:11 12 Dec 2007

Thanks everyone ipod working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?