iPod connection

Scubaman 13:38 04 Oct 2010

I have recently installed a new HDD and all relevant software, phew!! I installed iTunes 10 not probs there, but when I connect my iPod to the computer it goes into a loop, 'Connected' eject before disconnect. 'Ejecting' you may now disconnect. I have un-installed all apple software, rebooted, downloaded and re-installed, re-booted, and still the same. I have connected the iPod to my laptop and everything is fine.
I am running XP Home SP3 with IE8 on both machines. Am I right in thinking that iTunes is very user UN-friendly?

Chris the Ancient 14:05 04 Oct 2010

Yup! iTunes can be user unfriendly (to me, anyway).

I don't have an iPod, but I do have an iPhone and had very similar sounding problems to yours following an involuntary reload of iTunes..

In the end, I only got round it by doing a reset on the iPhone (whilst disconnected) and then plugging it in. Eventually, I then managed to do a full reset on the iPhone from iTunes and started a rebuild of the phone from there.

BTW ITunes will only permit you to synchronise your IPod with ONE computer.

Scubaman 17:58 04 Oct 2010

Problem solved, I connected my iPod direct to the USB connection on the MOBO. All I needto do now is to find out how to transfer my 'non purchased' music from the iPod to the PC?

onthelimit 18:03 04 Oct 2010

Some ideas click here

Scubaman 19:33 04 Oct 2010

All sorted, thanks onthelimit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?