IPlayer on Windows 7 64 bit - unable to play

Brighstone 15:58 01 Dec 2010

Have bought a Windows 7 64 bit laptop and despite downloading latest version of Adobe Flashplayer, am unable to play TV programmes. When I click on a TV programme a message appears telling me I have to download the Flash Player, but I already have and it is listed in the list of programmes installed on the laptop. I understand that Adobe haven't published a 64 bit version of Flash Player and if this is true I might be able to get round the problem usimg a 32 bit version of Internet Explorer but how do I access such a version? Or is the problem caused in some other way? I've tried iPlayer help without success.

Brighstone 17:06 01 Dec 2010

Thanks 124 for your prompt response but unfortunately the problem continues even though I'm now using the 32 bit version of IE. I've even tried the no add ons version but same result. Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Snrub 17:34 01 Dec 2010

Try goingto Adobe website and using their uninstaller to remove Flash Player and then re-install latest version of Flash Player. From past experience Flash Player doen't always download properly and whilst you think its downloaded and working it sometimes has faults.

Brighstone 16:38 02 Dec 2010

Thanks Snrub for your input. Tried it but problem still persisted. Then thoought to check in IE>tools>manage add ons to see if the flash add on was listed. It was but I noticed that somehow it had become disabled. Clicked to enable it and problem solved. No idea how it had become disabled but iPlayer now works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone