iplayer freezing caused by Kaspersky

luthier 09:45 06 Nov 2008

I'm having problems with BBC iplayer / Kaspersky antivirus. When I click on 'play' to stream a program, the circle in the middle of the screen rotates for a second or so then freezes. All I can do then is use task manager to exit internet explorer. I am using Kaspersky anti virus 2009 and if I pause protection before using iplayer all is well. I assume there must be a setting which will allow iplayer to work but I don't know how to do it. I have found that if I put internet explorer into my 'trusted' programs this will work but do I compromise my PC's protection by doing this?

Any help from Kaspersky experts would be much appreciated.
Thanks

The Brigadier 09:51 06 Nov 2008

Turn the settings down on Kaspersky?

luthier 09:54 06 Nov 2008

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean. How do I do that?

rawprawn 11:38 06 Nov 2008

Try this Open Settings > Threats & Exclusions> Threats Settings> Untick Multi Packed Objects.
I am not sure but it is a possibility.
Don't forget to put the tick back afterwards.

luthier 13:30 06 Nov 2008

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it tonight when I get home.

Poitier 14:50 06 Nov 2008

luthier,
Should the need arise you can get advice direct from Kaspersky in thier forum found under support in thier main window.

luthier 16:26 06 Nov 2008

Thanks for tip. I've now asked the question on the Kaspersky forum. I'll post a response here if I get a solution.

rawprawn 16:50 06 Nov 2008

Thanks for the feedback.

luthier 20:13 06 Nov 2008

I've just tried iplayer tonight and without making any changes it worked perfectly! Perhaps all it needed was a reboot (if in doubt reboot!) Sorry to have wasted all your time.

rawprawn 21:30 06 Nov 2008

Great, no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?