iPad Mini has lost it's Operating System

audeal 20:32 31 Jan 2015
Answered

When I turned on my Ipad Mini, on Thursday Morning, There was a message telling me of an upgrade for the operating system and asked if I wanted to upgrade. I started the download, which went without a hitch but when it tried to install the data the Ipad must have crashed and failed to install. I waited for an hour before giving up on the install, but then I found I had no Operating system at all. I can't do anything with the iPad. I pressed and heled both the Sleep and the front buttons and after about 20 seconds I got a screen showing a cable and the logo for "Itunes".

As I did not have Itunes on my PC I downloaded it and ran it but the PC will not recognize The Ipad, so I can do nothing with it.

Can anyone suggest a method of curing this problem or telling me how I can reinstall the operating System.

I am new to the Ipad so I know little about it so I hope any suggestions are not difficult to understand.

I will be grateful for any help on this matter.

Audeal.

BRYNIT 20:46 31 Jan 2015

You could read this CLICK HERE the section at the very end may help.

BRYNIT 20:53 31 Jan 2015

You might also want to look at the Apple web site CLICK HERE

audeal 21:20 31 Jan 2015

Hi Brynit.

Thanks for your response. All the suggestions have failed. It seems there is no operating System on board and without the OS then Itunes will not recognize the Ipad.

Does anybody else have any suggestions. If not then I will have to take it into a repairer on Monday.

Thanks for any help.

audeal

The Kestrel 22:07 31 Jan 2015
Answer

I suggest you take it in to your local apple shop and explain what happened. They should have staff there who can help.

audeal 23:35 31 Jan 2015

The Kestrel.

It would seem to be the only answer to my problem. I have sorted out a shop to take it to on Monday.

Thanks for all the help.

audeal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?