IP problems with Home Hub

Saavan 14:48 17 Nov 2008

Hi All.
Saavan here,

I am experiencing a problem with my BT Home Hub, the model is NOT the oldest rectangular one, but the relatively new square shaped white model.

Because it only has 2 Ethernet slots. I have one cable going into my main PC and one leading into my son's bedroom. I have a Ethernet hub in his bedroom where the connection is spread, one cable connected to his Laptop and one into his Xbox360.

However on my 'Devices' page of the Home Hub control panel is shows that both his Laptop and Xbox come under the exact same IP address and this is a problem because he is trying to set up a port forward for his Xbox but the 'XBOX Live' application created for it always even though I pick to attach to his Xbox, connects to his laptop.

Can somebody advise me on how to give each one a separate IP Address to solve this problem.

Thank You.

Regards.
Saavan.

mgmcc 16:09 17 Nov 2008

To avoid conflicts, I would suggest that you give your own PC and your son's PC and Xbox fixed IP addresses. Have a look at my posting click here on how to do it in a PC (I've no experience of an Xbox)

T0SH 12:24 18 Nov 2008

It may be easier to enter the home hub web interface then go to advanced mode then select devices on the xbox listing select edit on the page it opens there is a tick box saying "always use this same address" next delete the conflicting PC then go through the auto registration when you reconnect it should solve your problem

cheers HC

Saavan 21:56 18 Nov 2008

Thanks for both the comments, it worked perfectly as described by T0SH.

Much appreciated.

Regards.
Saavan.

domain 11:30 21 Nov 2008

hello friend , You need computer expert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie