IP address problem

nuhim172 15:18 28 Oct 2008

Hi,

I have been using my gaming adapter to browse the internet on my PC and also for playing my Xbox360. Both have been connecting to the internet no problem for the last month or so. But today when i try to connect to the internet using teh gaming adapter there is a problem. I am certain there is a problem with the IP address but dont know how to fix it. It looks completely wrong.

The Xbox keeps highlighting the IP address problem, when it runs it online test. And the PC keep stating limited or no connectivity. However when i directly connect the PC to the BThome hub it works fine. How do i solve this problem.

I really appreciate all your help.

nuhim172 19:38 28 Oct 2008

Just a quick update. I've tried to use the IP address of the pc which is connected directly to the homehub and added 5 to the last digit on the IP address. It almost done it but when i connect again page error on the web. When i click repair connection its throws up an error message on "DNS could not be flushed or something along those lines.
How do i resolve this, i've tried to manually flush dns by using CMD then ipconfig/flsuhdns but this doesnt do the trick either. Any ideas?? im getting pretty desperate, so please someone say something. Am i good so far??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?