ip address conflict

aboutit 18:20 17 Oct 2006

I keep getting getting the message ip address conflicts with another system on the network can anyone help please

bremner 21:55 17 Oct 2006

Are you using DCHP or setting the IP addresses manually?

It would appear to be the later because the message is suggesting two devices have the same IP and this is unlikely if DCHP is being used.

aboutit 17:10 16 Nov 2006

this is happening after instal of webcam. , by a shop dealing in same.The guy just keeps telling my friend that her computer must have a virus or is not comnpatible

mgmcc 19:51 16 Nov 2006

It is possible the the webcam has a default IP address which is the same as that of another network device. For example, the webcam and router might both have an address such as 192.168.1.1

Does the webcam's manual say what the IP address is and if it can be altered? What other network devices are there in the network - Routers, Network Adapters (in PCs), Network Print Servers etc?

Ashrich 21:23 16 Nov 2006

"The guy just keeps telling my friend that her computer must have a virus or is not comnpatible "

God almighty , this man fits these things then comes out with a reason like that , no wonder people come to this forum instead !

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?