IP Address

Boghound 08:22 05 Mar 2009

What could cause an IP Address to drop?

bremner 09:51 05 Mar 2009

Do you mean you have lost your internet connection or are you saying you have a router and it is not assigning IP addresses?

Boghound 10:21 05 Mar 2009

I have a Netgear DG834 modem/router and it "lost" the IP address....Therefore no internet connection...It's hardwired to a PC with a laptop connected by wifi...Over the years the IP address has dropped but always come back after a few minutes but yesterday dropped for 5 hours!!!

bremner 10:30 05 Mar 2009

click here and take a look at the advice given by mgmcc neat the end.

Boghound 10:55 05 Mar 2009

Thanks for link.....I did a reboot/reset on router to factory settings then reset info and back to normal now but it's so annoying...Any idea what causes it?

David-189382 17:02 15 Feb 2010

Please help,

Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address? I am running XP Professional and use AOL as my ISP. Also I use a wireless network to connect to the internet, is it possible to find the IP addresses of other computers on the network?

Thanks
drwack

bremner 17:14 15 Feb 2010

Protocol dictates that you do not hijack someone elses thread with your problem.

You start a new thread

Boghound 08:51 16 Feb 2010

@bremner

I've no objection to my post being "hijacked" and who are these mysterious ones who have set these "protocols"???...No doubt another platoon of tree hugging mamby-pammy PC loud mouths trying to control the freedom of speech!!

@Dr Wack
Do a Google for "IP Address" ....If you are not very computer literate.

tullie 09:29 16 Feb 2010

if you cant work out why you shouldent hyjack someones thread,its best not to comment.

Boghound 10:12 16 Feb 2010

@tullie

Oh dear.....I've knocked a PC nest....Before you start a "trolling" exercise, perhaps you should take a step-back and re-read my post...Perhaps everyone that posts isn't as "knowledgeable" as you obviously are to the etiquettes of a forum posters' life and needs to be gently eased in to the world of forum posting, and a glimpse of the life of a "forum Troll"......YEH RIGHT! (Oh and before you flame me for the use of capitals...Yes I do know what they mean) heheh

mgmcc 12:18 16 Feb 2010

>>> Can anyone tell me how to find my IP address? I
>>> am running XP Professional and use AOL as my
>>> ISP. Also I use a wireless network to connect
>>> to the internet, is it possible to find the IP
>>> addresses of other computers on the network?

There are two types of IP address involved here - your WAN IP address (Wide Area Network or Internet address) as allocated by AOL, which goes to your Router. The Router then allocates LAN IP addresses to all computers connected to it. These are in one of the address ranges reserved for use in Local Area Networks and most commonly 192.168.x.x addresses.

To find your public WAN IP address click here

To find a particular computer's LAN IP address in the network, go into the Network Connections folder ("Start > Run", type NCPA.CPL and click OK) highlight the appropriate network adapter, and look at the bottom of the left pane click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?