Iobit security question??

Bike-it 15:45 09 Jan 2011

I have been using Iobit security 360 for a while but how do i stop it from starting up automatically whenever i switch on my laptop?

birdface 15:52 09 Jan 2011

Go into msconfig Start up and untick it.

jamesd1981 16:46 09 Jan 2011

hey bike it, you cant just do it through msconfig or evrytime you run it, it will put itself back in, you have to start the program, then go to settings, and untick the box execute at windows start up.

birdface 10:35 15 Jan 2011

Maybe have a read at this and decide if you want to keep 10 bit or not.

click here

sunnystaines 12:18 15 Jan 2011

read that link this morning it has been posted on iobit forum asking for a response from iobit.

i found 360 problematic, but do like ASC.

never installed the toolbar option.

Snrub 16:42 15 Jan 2011

I also found 360 problematic but assumed it was probably not compatible with McAfee Security Suite I also found 360 problematic but assumed it was probably not compatible with McAfee Security Suite, so maybe 2 real-time virus scanners running simultaneously may not be a good idea.

However, I do enthusiastically like and use ASC Pro, continually.

I downloaded the Iobit Toolkit to find everything already included in ASC Pro but it did both download a toolbar and install it after I had declined to install it which is a bit of a concern.

If Iobit is loaded with spyware as the BUTEMAN link suggests then it is not being picked up by MalwareBytes, Super-antispyware or Spyblaster on my computer.

Bike-it 17:22 15 Jan 2011

Okay so i am about to uninstall iobit 360, so what do i replace it with that is not spyware?

sunnystaines 18:02 15 Jan 2011

as shrub has

MalwareBytes, Super-antispyware and Spyblaster

i use these too

birdface 18:11 15 Jan 2011

According to that click here you cannot uninstall it completely.
Not sure if Revo Uninstaller would remove it all or not.

Bike-it 21:58 15 Jan 2011

These are what i currently use, malwarebytes,spywareblaster, MSE, Ccleaner is this enough protection?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?