IObit Security 360 beta

rawprawn 11:17 17 Jun 2009

Available for free download click here
I am trying it and it seems very capable,On scanning it seems as good as Malwarebytes and SAS,
perhaps worth a look.

birdface 11:24 17 Jun 2009

No way.You must be having a bad dream.As good as Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

I know what I would prefer on my computer but if it is as good as you say it is I am sure there will be a few more trying it.

rawprawn 11:30 17 Jun 2009

Right now Malwarebytes are not top of my popularity pole,I run the Pro version and after the latest update I cannot boot my computer with it enabled. I have tried all the fixes suggested on their forum and I have had to email their support. So far with no response, and I am not the only one having problems.
However, you could give IOBIT a try before condemming it outright.

T I M B O 11:34 17 Jun 2009

i shall try this out on my crash box,,, bbs

T I M B O 12:05 17 Jun 2009

Well, i downloaded and checked out the download as one should, all ok there. I installed onto crash box and checked for updates & that was all ok. The did the scan, i was amazed how short the scan was & on a 500 gig hard drive thats about half full, i thought that 2 mins for a scan was rather fast. And no it did not find anything.

rawprawn 12:11 17 Jun 2009

Did you just do the "Smart" Scan? the full scan takes much longer than that. When I scanned it found 20 tracking cookies, but if there isn't anything then obviously it can't find anything.
Still I thought it worth a try.

birdface 14:42 17 Jun 2009

I used to use 10 bit whatever you call it years ago.I thought it was a bit harsh and stopped using it.Now I have no idea what this new beta version does.
I am a fan of malwarebytes and did not think there would be anything as good as it.
So far it has found 20 tracking cookies.
Which would probably mean that the programs that you have been using have been doing their job.
What we need is someone that knows that they have Trojans or Virus's on there computer to try it out.
I am certainly not condemming it as I have not tried it.
It was just your statement that it was as good as malwarebytes and SAS.It may very well be but only time will tell.
By the way how do you spell condemming it does not matter what way i spell it it comes up as an error.

hiwatt 15:15 17 Jun 2009

Condemning

rawprawn 15:30 17 Jun 2009

Thank you, I had noticed I just didn't think it was worth a corrective comment after I had posted the thread.

rawprawn 15:33 17 Jun 2009

As per hiwatt, I thought he was commenting on my spllling, I didn't realise that we had both got it wrong.

rawprawn 15:49 17 Jun 2009

Spelling!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone