i/o card not working

zolaisugly 22:01 10 Mar 2003

i recently posted asking how to connect 2 printers and scanner to same computer..was given the best info was to but a i/o card as this would install a printer port without using a switch box. i brought a isa i/o card that is multi ie it can add com port printer.it also has a hdd and fdd controller on it have disabled all these but win98 does not see any new hardware installed.what can i do to make win98 see new card

medicine hat 11:06 11 Mar 2003

Which card is it? Did it come with a driver disk?

zolaisugly 21:50 11 Mar 2003

i am not sure what card it is as the only makers id i can see is on the chips which say they are holtec. i have been to there site and i can not see any info with the reference no's that are on the chips . i didnt get any drivers for it was told win 98 would load and use generic drivers.

all the packaging say is super I/O card for the xt/286/386/486 and compatible computers with a 16 bit data bus.

my system spec is a celeron p2 333 win 98se 256 ram with 60 gig hd(maxtor.. the shop will take this card back only if found faulty!! which i think it is. i paid £10.00 for the card so if i can not get card to work not lost alot of money

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone