Involuntary Scrolling

Abel 16:34 03 Mar 2010

Having just upgraded to IE8 as a result of a clean install, when I turn the wheel on my Logitech mouse, which is set to advance one line at a time, the page keeps on scrolling for a further four lines. Can anyone suggest a means of stopping this very annoying occurance?

Abel

GaT7 16:52 03 Mar 2010

Is the same also set in Windows' own Mouse properties?

XP click here

Vista click here

Windows 7 click here

G

Abel 18:13 03 Mar 2010

Thanks Crossbow7! As I mentioned, my mouse is already set by the method you suggest, to advance one line at a time, however, having rolled the mouse wheel just one notch the page keeps advancing, but very slowly, for a further four lines.

Abel

woodchip 18:59 03 Mar 2010

Is it set to Auto scrolling, This may be in Mouse own Software

eedcam 19:14 03 Mar 2010

Is the cursor changing to a Black doubel arrow if so you are pushing the wheel down this then allows you to scroll up/down/left/right by just dragging the mouse another click on the wheel reverts to normal use

Abel 12:43 04 Mar 2010

Thanks woodchip and eedcam! Nither of your suggestions apply I'm afraid.

I think that I'll have to delete the Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, and see if reinstalling them will solve the problem. I'll post my finding in due course.

Abel

Abel 11:29 10 Mar 2010

An update on the problem as promised.
Despite uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse software, the problem still exists. However, on my other machine, which has IE6, for which I also bought a Logitech mouse, scrolling using either mouse, works perfectly
I should mention that my Logitech kit is a keyboard and mouse which came with ITouch software, and included Mouseware v 9.47. The Logitech mouse for my other machine came with Mouseware v 9.7. My operating system is XP Professional 32 Bit. Having separately installed both versions of Mouseware on my main machine, which has IE8, the involuntary scrolling persists. To clarify the situation the involuntary scrolling only occurs on on-line sites.

Abel

Abel 21:36 14 Dec 2010

I've just com across this while reviewing somthing in 'my postings' If it's of any interest, the problem was solved by updating my mouse drivers. Sorry that it's so old!

Abel

woodchip 09:45 15 Dec 2010

I am using a Logitech Optical Wireless Mouse. Mine is adjustable under Mouse in Control Panel on how many lines I want it to scroll

woodchip 09:47 15 Dec 2010

PS Problem I have with i is, it will not Auto Scroll on my HP Laptop, but works fine using it on a Samsung Netbook

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?